Saturday, January 2, 2010

T-Minus 30 Hours...

Howdy, and welcome to the blog where I shall be posting the details of all of my travelling shenanigans that I take place in from now on. Here's hoping I do some interesting things, but I'm not going to guarantee anything!

First up, is my trip to Thailand. This will be my first trip overseas, so hopefully it'll be a good one. I'll try to update this when I can, but don't expect a minimum/maximum standard of my posts. Some may be twitter-esque bite-sized pieces of information, whereas others may be long-winded posts including photos and videos and other awesome things.

So, without further ado, I shall start this blog.

Doyvid's Epic Thailand Trip

Day -1 (that's day negative-one) T-Minus 30 Hours

So I still haven't packed. Just finished my second last shift at work before I leave, and the realisation that tomorrow will be the first day that I actually *leave* Australia - the country where I have lived for my whole life - hasn't yet dawned on me. I'm sure it will sooner or later, but if it doesn't, I'm not too phased. I'll walk it off.

I can't really say that I'm all that excited, because I'm not, but I am getting those moments of "oh wow, tomorrow is the day!", which is a good sign, but no moments of joy or anything awesome like that.

Should probably start to pack soon... I am a very last-minute person, but I don't want to push my luck too much...

Just one more shift at work, and then I head (more or less) straight to the airport. One more shift of customer-"do you have fly-buys?"-service bullshit. One more shift. Then I get to go and experience a fantastic new country. Heck, it'll be a fantastic new world!

Next post will hopefully be from either Changi Airport or Bangkok!

Okay, now I'm a little bit excited.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I've always wanted to visit Thailand. How long are you going for?

    ReplyDelete